Selective Agency is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Selective Agency may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 22/05/18.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Email address when signing up to our mailing list
- Venue information that is freely available in the public domain
What we do with the information we gather
Below is a list of technologies we may share your data with and what purpose we share it for:
Data shared: Email address
- We may send emails about new artists, tours or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided or that is freely available in the public domain. We generally send out two or three touring news emails per month. We require this information to keep you informed of our artists availability and touring plans.
- We may also use your information for:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Don’t subscribe to our newsletter
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information to receive the email, you may change your mind at any time by unsubscribing through the link at the bottom of all our direct emails to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your explicit permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to: Selective Agency, 35 Wynne Rd, St Helens, Merseyside WA10 2AL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.